Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Sunday, April 23, 2017

StylipS -- Spica.


Several months ago in October, I wrote about the opening theme song for the anime "Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to"(マンガ家さんとアシスタントさんと...The Manga Artist and His Assistants), "Junsui na Fujunbutsu"(純粋なフジュンブツ)as performed by the seiyuu music group, StylipS.


Oh my word...it's like watching Inspector Clouseau and Kato fight it out while filtering it through the movie "Porky's". I almost feel sorry for Aito-kun...almost.


As I said, I have already written about the typically upbeat opening theme but when I was going through the various episodes, I noticed that there was never an ending credits sequence or theme. It was just the often hilarious final scene before an end title card appeared giving the usual "See you next time!" Rather unusual, I thought.

Well, apparently, because each episode was only around 10 minutes long, the producers had to make sacrifices so in lieu of getting "Junsui na Fujunbutsu" in there, the ending theme song "Spica." by StylipS once again simply wasn't allowed in during the original TV run of 12 episodes. To add insult to injury, the song made a brief appearance in the finale while everyone was talking and the final song was Aito-kun singing about panties. However, I believe that for all those folks who got the DVD of the series, a proper ending credits sequence was placed at the end of each episode (for those who did get the DVD, you can confirm this with me).


Of course, for those who also bought "Junsui na Fujunbutsu" the single, they also got "Spica." as the coupling song. I found "Spica." somewhat adorable and a bit atypical considering the raunchy goings-on at Aito-kun's apartment since the first part of the song that is heard during the ending credits has that atmosphere of a solemn-but-proud graduation song at a girls' academy. Even Aito-kun would probably be weeping and...maybe...keeping his hands to himself during the song.

The rest of the song then goes into some light rap and R&B that kinda caught me off-guard when I first heard it. However, since then it has settled in nicely in my brain. I guess you couldn't keep the entire song all holy. Junko Tsuji(辻純更)took care of the lyrics while Motoi Okuda(奥田もとい)provided the melody.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.